With the global oil markets being subject to extreme volatility and change due to a series of geopolitical events, this is the ideal time and opportunity to understand the drivers of oil price movements and tools at your disposal to protect against and trade around your organisations market position.
This course offers an up-to-date and innovative look at trading petroleum products, and includes a trader’s analysis of supply and demand, as well as underlining the key opportunities in the market place. The course will be fully interactive with teams analysing positions and learning through case study and trading simulation.
AS AN OUTCOME FROM THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Review crude oil supply, demand and products
- Understand crude oil refining, evaluation and selection
- Explore physical and derivative oil markets, shipping and contracts
- Understand of every facet of contemporary trade finance and how it impacts their assignment
- Appreciate pricing formation, trading and price risk management
- Learn about futures, swaps, options and over- the-counter markets
- Become familiar with trading techniques and terminology
- Participate in trading and hedging simulation exercises and improve negotiation skills
This course comprises two modules. You can participate in the whole course or in one of them
Module 1: Physical Crude & Products Trading, 27-31 July 2015. More info...
Module 2: Trading Simulation, Paper Trading & Price Risk Management, 3-7 August 2015. More info...
IS IT FOR ME?
This programme will appeal to: oil and product traders, refiners, economists, analysts portfolio managers, risk managers, operations managers, brokers, related front, middle and back office staff and all those needing to gain or improve their knowledge and understanding of crude oil and petroleum products trading and pricing mechanisms.
OIL TRADER ACADEMY is:
- 2 weeks of the academic course
- 7 professional experts
- 3 days of practical trading and hedging simulation exercises
- Independently accredited by British Energy Institute
- CPD Credits Awarded: 80
- Visits to Bloomberg, ICE Futures
The programme is accredited by the British Energy Institute. The course participants will be issued 80 CPD credtis International Industry Certificate of the IBH and ICE Futures.
MEDIA PARTNERS:« back