The Trade Finance course will be organized around four sessions: transactional trade finance in its simplest form (primarily involving sales covered by an export LC), trade finance involving sales on open account, inventory financing, and prefinance.
The course aims at giving the delegates some hints and tips to be more efficient in their day to day, should it be in the relationship with the company’s suppliers and customers and / or financing banks.
TEACHING APPROACH & METHODOLOGY:
A very interactive course divided into 3 different phases:
- Formal presentations during which delegates actively listen, share, ask questions with a view to acquire the “theory”. Such theory is strongly based on illustrations, examples and real situations - (30%)
- Q&A sessions, discussions about peripheral, yet eminently related subjects, where delegates are encouraged to further actively participate in order to illustrate and supplement the previous presentation - (25%)
- Case studies and exercises to ascertain that the content of each section is successfully assimilated and make the course a live one - (35%)
Systematic consolidation of topics covered in order to make sure acquisition of the concepts is accurate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Commodity Trading Companies:
- Trade Finance Manager / Officers
- Treasury Department
- Operation & Execution
- Accounting Department, etc.
Trade Finance Banks:
- Relationship Managers, Front Office
- Account Officers, Collateral Managers, Middle Office Department
- Letter of Credit Department, Back Office Department
- Portfolio Management
- Credit Department, etc.
AT THE END OF THE COURSE, THE DELEGATES WILL
Understand the specificities of the 3 mainly used aspects of trade finance, i.e. basic transactional trade finance (both covered by an export LC and under open account sales), inventory financing and prefinancing.
They will have an understanding of the technical aspects of such methods, the sources of risks and how to mitigate them. They should also be able to use such methods wisely.
The participants of the course will be issued an industry certificate of International Business House fully accredited by Energy Institute.
For further information please contact education department: